It changed the course of history

In summary, the conversation highlights various phrases and turns of phrase that are nonsensical or overused. It also delves into the concept of destiny and the misuse of the word "literally." The conversation concludes with a discussion on the phrase "If you ask me" and how it is often used without any follow-up thoughts.
Type 7 said:
That one comes from the Master himself: Groucho Marx.
Thanks. I didn't know that, but it doesn't surprise me.

Type 7 said:
My personal favorite Marxism: Groucho is looking at his watch while taking someone's pulse and says, "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped."
If you're going to get into quoting Groucho, better start a new thread for it. It'll probably be longer than the 'Thread Killer' thread. :biggrin:

Science news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:
Yah. Careful with this one. If you use a password as a PINumber, then next time you come across a pinpad where there are no letters on it, you're SOOL.

It has happened and I was indeed SOOL (which would make a good PIN, by the way). For my ATM PIN I now type the numbers while thinking the acronym. :rolleyes:

Yes, I am quite the complicater of life's simplicities, but I see it as taking the scenic route thru life, the long way home. :smile:

"enter your pin number"
that is like saying "im going to USA america"

Type 7 said:
I see it as taking the scenic route thru life
I tried that for a while, but I got carsick. :frown:

Danger said:
If you're going to get into quoting Groucho, better start a new thread for it. It'll probably be longer than the 'Thread Killer' thread. :biggrin:

I'm much too new here to be starting that kind of trouble! :biggrin:

Type 7 said:
I'm much too new here to be starting that kind of trouble! :biggrin:
It's never too early to make a bad impression. I went from lost-and-bewildered-innocent-young-thing to major-pain-in-the-ass in a couple of weeks... :devil:

Okay, I'm still bewildered... but that's beside the point.

Danger said:
It's never too early to make a bad impression.

:rofl: Sound words to live by!

Type 7 said:
:rofl: Sound words to live by!
And it gets much easier with constant practise. :approve:

Danger said:
It's never too early to make a bad impression. I went from lost-and-bewildered-innocent-young-thing to major-pain-in-the-ass in a couple of weeks... :devil:

It didn't seem to take that long. :tongue2:

Moonbear said:
It didn't seem to take that long. :tongue2:
You flatter me.:redface: Perhaps it's a matter of definition. I figured that I was only a minor pain in the ass at first.