1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Just finished algebra 1 now what?

1. Mar 23, 2013 #1
    I'm not sure I'm allowed to link the pdf of the book but here is an image http://pixhost.me/avaxhome/95/3a/000a3a95_medium.jpeg [Broken] and I've just finished it. I really learnt a lot from this book considering I knew pretty much no algebra when I first opened it 2 months ago.

Now I am looking for my second book, I think I'm ready for precalculus stuff, trig ect but I'm really fussy when it comes to books. I really dislike books which have pages and pages of text, I like something to be explained, then explained with an example and then some exercises to be solved based on what I've just been told.

That Intergrated algebra 1 book does this very very well which is why I liked it so much. I'm thinking to pick up the next book from which is this http://pixhost.me/avaxhome/e0/ce/000acee0_medium.jpeg [Broken] but just wanted to hear opinions.

Also if someone could recommend a basic and I mean very basic physics book, something which will teach me the basic stuff.

I'm self studying so books with plenty of exercises in will be a great plus!

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2013 #2

eumyang

Homework Helper

Actually, I think that book is the THIRD in Amsco's series. Many schools (for good or bad) follow the Algebra 1 - Geometry - Algebra 2 sequence, so if you want to continue using the books from Amsco, you should get
    this one for your 2nd book. After that, you can use the Algebra 2/Trig book.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted