1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Just registered for great discussions of chemistry, physics and math

1. Oct 6, 2007 #1
    hi i just registered.i would like to say that this seems to be a great forum.im seventeen and i live in greece.the truth is that i dont know many things about physics.but i want to learn chemistry,physics and advanced mathematics sooo much...i dont think that the school education will answer my questions.for example now we are learning about electric fields and gas laws.i want to learn more(although my friends mock me for that)but i dont know from where to start ive been searching the web for many things like general relativity to academic level chemistry but those things are way to complicated for me to understand.so i would like you to help me if possible.can you suggest me any good websites(for beginners like me) or some good ebooks because i dont know from where to start...
    thank you very much,
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2007 #2
    What about buying a book on some of the subjects? For learning physics I would strongly recommend "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Serway and Jewett. This is a huge book that will get you started in many areas of physics including relativity, quantum mechanics, optics, electromagnetism etc. For the mathematics I would recommend "Calculus" by Edwards and Penny.

Both of these books should be on a level understandable to you.
  4. Oct 6, 2007 #3

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

An excellent choice.

For an online reference, I recommend: hyperphysics

Also, Ben Crowell has an excellent set of textbooks that he makes available online for free: http://www.lightandmatter.com/
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  5. Oct 6, 2007 #4
    the problem is that i dont know if i will be able to find these books easily here.the only way i could get such books is online.thank you.i hope that ill be able to understand these. o:)
    more resources are welcome
    thank you
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?