Just registered for great discussions of chemistry, physics and math

  • Thread starter Thread starter iasonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Chemistry Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
iasonas
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
hi i just registered.i would like to say that this seems to be a great forum.im seventeen and i live in greece.the truth is that i don't know many things about physics.but i want to learn chemistry,physics and advanced mathematics sooo much...i don't think that the school education will answer my questions.for example now we are learning about electric fields and gas laws.i want to learn more(although my friends mock me for that)but i don't know from where to start I've been searching the web for many things like general relativity to academic level chemistry but those things are way to complicated for me to understand.so i would like you to help me if possible.can you suggest me any good websites(for beginners like me) or some good ebooks because i don't know from where to start...
thank you very much,
jason
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
What about buying a book on some of the subjects? For learning physics I would strongly recommend "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Serway and Jewett. This is a huge book that will get you started in many areas of physics including relativity, quantum mechanics, optics, electromagnetism etc. For the mathematics I would recommend "Calculus" by Edwards and Penny.

Both of these books should be on a level understandable to you.
 
Repetit said:
For learning physics I would strongly recommend "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Serway and Jewett.
An excellent choice.

For an online reference, I recommend: hyperphysics

Also, Ben Crowell has an excellent set of textbooks that he makes available online for free: http://www.lightandmatter.com/
 
Last edited:
Repetit said:
What about buying a book on some of the subjects? For learning physics I would strongly recommend "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Serway and Jewett. This is a huge book that will get you started in many areas of physics including relativity, quantum mechanics, optics, electromagnetism etc. For the mathematics I would recommend "Calculus" by Edwards and Penny.

Both of these books should be on a level understandable to you.
the problem is that i don't know if i will be able to find these books easily here.the only way i could get such books is online.thank you.i hope that ill be able to understand these. o:)
more resources are welcome
thank you