ATY Messages 30 Reaction score 1 Thread starter Feb 12, 2017 #1 can somebody explain to me how kelvin waves are working ? I just found, that the waves move along the coast due to the coriolis force, but I have no clue why this is happening.
can somebody explain to me how kelvin waves are working ? I just found, that the waves move along the coast due to the coriolis force, but I have no clue why this is happening.
olivermsun Science Advisor Messages 1,280 Reaction score 141 Feb 13, 2017 #2 Think of sending a ball off in some direction in a rotating frame. What happens to the ball's path (viewed in the frame) due to Coriolis?
Think of sending a ball off in some direction in a rotating frame. What happens to the ball's path (viewed in the frame) due to Coriolis?
ATY Messages 30 Reaction score 1 Feb 14, 2017 #3 Hey, thank you for the reply. I've found a book that explains it very well.