Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Knock-off video games are awesome

1. Jun 19, 2009 #1
    I just made a knock-off of Minesweeper called Gopher Hunter. It's pretty sweet because the "mines" move around and the board is updated in real time. It's pretty fun... at least as fun as the original.

Yay! Anybody else write little things like this from time to time? Care to share your ideas?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 20, 2009 #2
    well what did you write it in, and what graphics libraries did you use. I have been thinking of writing a side scrolling game like gradius in C++ using gtk+ but i never get around to it.

4. Jun 20, 2009 #3
    For a minesweeper clone, C# and no special graphics libraries (just Forms controls) worked out alright. Like I said, I didn't have a lot of time to commit to this. Gameplay is pretty sweet, though.

I'm thinking about making a Slay or Imperial Conquest clone next, though. Or maybe an implementation of RiskTego, that is, standard Risk where every battle is a weighted game of Stratego.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook