Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace Knowledge needed for the University

1. Nov 12, 2008 #1
    I want to study aerospace engineering in an university of the United States of America, or in the United Kingdom.

I have been thinking about the University of Michigan, The MIT, The University of Liverpool, The Rutgers University, The Stanford University, The Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, The Purdue University, The University of Bristol, The Daniel Guggenheim School of Aerospace Engineering, or the California Institute of Technology.

Which do you recommend me?

What knowledge I need to have before I entry in an University of this kind?

My native language is Spanish

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2008 #2

djeitnstine

Gold Member

I'm biased and would recommend Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University mainly because I am so impressed at the program here (and I'm a student). The professors here are amazing and apply a physical situation to every concept they run by you. They do very interesting research here with a multitude of companies and offer excellent clubs for any - if not all - of your engineering tastes. You only need to have a love of math and physics to get in here. I would recommend a GPA of above 3.0 (which is what I had). Honestly, its not that difficult to get in...but the course is tough and only the committed make it out.

Again I'm impressed of what I have seen here so far and I intend to do my masters here. (They have an accelerated masters program - which means if you start as a complete freshman, you have your BS in AE and an MS in AE in 5 years, of which I intend to do.) The professors are so helpful and provide, so many tools to use such as tutoring all week long.

Just make sure this is something you really want to do.

In the end its your choice but Embry-Riddle is worth looking into. Here is their site www.erau.edu

Hablas espanol? Entonces, me gustaria verte aqui un dia!

ciao.

4. Nov 15, 2008 #3

Which campus?

5. Nov 16, 2008 #4

djeitnstine

Gold Member

Daytona Beach

6. Nov 20, 2008 #5
    Are these schools that you have already gotten into? Or just a Christmas wish list, hah.

Anyways, I'm currently doing my Aerospace Engineering degree at UT Austin, another one of the top 10 aerospace schools. I'd also add Georgia Tech to your list if your focus in on Aerospace engineering.

There's really nothing much you can do before school except to just have a general interest in aerospace engineering, a firm/solid foundations in physics and math, as they are critical to Aerospace engineering and well, practically every other engineering majors out there.

What specifically are you interested in for aerospace? Space route, atmospheric route..?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?