Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Laboratory HVAC Design Inquiries

1. Jan 4, 2015 #1
    I'm doing a university project on HVAC design of a laboratory(Agricultural Products).I'm having trouble verifying whether I have understood what I have researched correctly This is what I have understood from what I've read.First I would calculate the cooling/heating loads as I would have from any other type of building taking into consideration of course miscellaneous loads that would occur in the lab. Than I would calculate exhaust flow required from hoods that would satisfy contamination concerns.Afterwards, I would adjust the supply flow to satisfy the required pressure relationship of the lab w.r.t adjacent spaces. Than I would verify that the required ACH are met (according to say ASHRAE standards).

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 4, 2015 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Sounds good so far. Are there different positive pressure requirements for different contamination levels? Are you planning on including an exhaust hood in the system (like for handling chemicals, etc.)?

4. Jan 4, 2015 #3
    yes exhaust hoods and BSC are definitely included

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook