Calculating Exhuast Flow for Fume hoods and BSC

  • Thread starter Thread starter tj00343
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Bsc Flow
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
tj00343
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Hey guys,
I'm doing a university project where I am designing the hvac system of a lab.
I'm having trouble figuring out how I'm supposed to calculate the exhaust flow required through fume hoods.I know this depends on the type of hazard that is being dealt with in the Lab but my knowledge of the actual processes that will be taking place is limited at best.I downloaded a book (ASHRAE Laboratory Design Guide) and I can't seem to find anything specific in there.That's the best recourse I could find.
Any insight into the topic would be appreciated.
Thank You
 
Physics news on Phys.org
For the most part, you select the hood based on the size requirement of the lab users. After that, the full-flow airflow is what the standard and manufacturer says (it's typically 105 fpm across the face).