Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Language and Compiler built for Mathematics

1. Jul 8, 2016 #1
    Hello,

I want to know:
    1. Compiler name built especially for doing full-fledged mathematics.
    2. Language name built especially for doing full-fledged mathematics.
    3. Integrated software development environment name built especially for doing full-fledged mathematics.
    4. Language, compiler and integrated software development environment for full-fledged mathematics that gives access to device drivers, especially, display device driver.
    5. Name of any software framework that gives access to device drivers with language, compiler compatibility and integrated software development environment support with that of:
    • Compiler name built especially for doing full-fledged mathematics. (1 from above)
    • Language name built especially for doing full-fledged mathematics. (2 from above)
    • Integrated software development environment name built especially for doing full-fledged mathematics. (3 from above)
    Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 9, 2016 #2
    MATLAB
    Usually, it is self-sufficient.
    If necessary, it can be integrated with C/C++/C# which gives any functionality you can imagine.

4. Jul 9, 2016 #3
    What is "full-fledged mathematics"?

Algebraic geometry? Measure theory? Differential equations?

There is no one-tool-does-all for mathematics.
    Mathematica is great for symbolic work
    Matlab is great for anything involving linear algebra (and more)
    A recent piece of software called magma is great for more abstract algebra (I used it to compare Lie groups for example)

5. Jul 9, 2016 #4
  6. Jul 15, 2016 #5
    A full-fledged mathematics has an ability to help me discover or invent a custom mathematics.

A full-fledged mathematics gives me an ability to help me discover or invent a custom mathematics.

7. Jul 15, 2016 #6
    If you want to find new mathematics you have to formulate a framework you'll work with.
    After that, you might be able to implement code to do calculations but that's hard.

Short version, most likely not since this would need AI which isn't developed enough.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted