Making list of figures show 'Figure 1' instead of just '1'

  • Topic: LaTeX 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Latex List
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 12K views
Saladsamurai
Messages
3,009
Reaction score
7
Hello all :smile: I am hoping someone can help with this:

When I use the \listoffigures command in LaTeX, it shows up as follows:
Code:
List of Figures

1    Caption of figure 1.  ...... 1
2    Caption of figure 2.  ...... 2

But I wanted to actually say Figure 1, Figure 2, ... like this:

Code:
List of Figures

[I]Figure 1:[/I]    Caption of figure 1.  ...... 1
[I]Figure 2:[/I]    Caption of figure 2.  ...... 2

thank you :smile:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hello
Dr T
can u please elaborate how to achieve this...should i need to add some package or what?
 
%For List of Figures to say Figure X.X
\renewcommand{\cftfigfont}{Figure }

%For List of Tables to say Table X.X
\renewcommand{\cfttabfont}{Table }