Let's Discuss the Ways of Making Graphene

Hello everyone;
I have been working in a research group whose aim is to develop and making graphene-based nanoelectronic device. http://labs.sabanciuniv.edu/qtnel/ I am undergraduate student that's why I could be considered source of this laboratory by making mechanically exfoliated graphene on SiC. I also make graphene through expitaxial growth in UHV and CVD. I would like to know are there any way that could led graphene to mass producted material except from these three ways?

Any comment will be appreciated :)

TeethWhitener

Science Advisor
Gold Member
I would like to know are there any way that could led graphene to mass producted material except from these three ways?
The most promising ways for making high quality single layer graphene seem to be CVD and epitaxially via Si evaporation from SiC, though the CVD method seems to be improving at a faster rate. If you're not interested in electronic quality (e.g., if you want to focus on mechanical properties instead), making a suspension of graphene oxide and reducing it is going to be orders of magnitude cheaper than growing it one layer at a time via CVD.

EDIT: exfoliated graphene probably gives the best quality material for basic research, but it's utterly unscalable.