Link to NASA TV and launch of the Space Shuttle Discovery

• NASA
  • Thread starter Gnosis
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Link to NASA TV and launch of the Space Shuttle "Discovery"...

For those interested, here's a link to NASA TV and launch of the Space Shuttle Discovery somewhere around 7:43 PM EST...

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

Discovery's been given the green light to launch. T-minus 3 minutes and counting...

LowlyPion
Homework Helper

Thanks for the link. Better than CNN.

LowlyPion
Homework Helper

These launches never cease to inspire.

CNN was 30 sec ahead and all, but the NASA channel doesn't have all the talking heads competing for air time.

Thanks for the link. Better than CNN.
Truly, my pleasure. I've followed the space program from its infancy. All my school reports were about space missions and spacecraft facts.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

The coundown has begun: Ten missions left for the shuttle fleet.

The coundown has begun: Ten missions left for the shuttle fleet.
Yes, and I find it a very unsettling thought to realize our country will be without any means of orbital transport of humans until at least 2014 when Orion is projected to be ready. With the present state of the economy, I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if 2014 turns out to be a somewhat over-zealous projection.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Yes, and I find it a very unsettling thought to realize our country will be without any means of orbital transport of humans until at least 2014 when Orion is projected to be ready. With the present state of the economy, I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if 2014 turns out to be a somewhat over-zealous projection.
Ah heck, for a million bucks anyone can hitch a ride with the Russians. :biggrin:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
LowlyPion
Homework Helper

okay, for only twenty million...
Times are tough. Look for a discount at Travelocity. Maybe get William Shattner to broker you a better deal with Priceline?

(Though as a personal preference, I'd recommend against steeply discounted space travel. Especially with the Russian carriers.)

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

(Though as a personal preference, I'd recommend against steeply discounted space travel. Especially with the Russian carriers.)
I remember some astronaut describing the Russian space station as being like a run-down old school bus.

LowlyPion
Homework Helper