List of Books to use for self-study before AP classes

I plan on taking a multitude of AP classes next year. I would like some books that I should buy for good study.

Answers and Replies

Baluncore
Science Advisor
I tried really hard to read your mind, but I am weak and you will have to help me. What do you meant by AP?

Likes Bystander
I tried really hard to read your mind, but I am weak and you will have to help me. What do you meant by AP?
AP is Advanced Placement Classes.

Baluncore
Science Advisor
I doubt your question can be answered because AP covers such a wide range of possibilities.

Math and Computer Sciences.
AP Calculus AB
AP Calculus BC
AP Computer Science A
AP Computer Science Principles
AP Statistics

Sciences.
AP Biology
AP Chemistry
AP Environmental Science
AP Physics 1
AP Physics 2
AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism
AP Physics C: Mechanics

There is no simple answer. Maybe search the web, or visit a library.

Then what about the sciences. I plan of taking AP Calc BC, and all the Science APs except Earth and Environmental. I havent found a good recommendation because my searches lead to a list of books for each AP which doesnt really help decision making.

jtbell
Mentor
Can you find out which books your school uses for those courses?

At the introductory level in most subjects, there are many textbooks available, and it's largely a matter of instructors' or students' taste which ones are "best."

In this forum, people often discuss introductory college/university physics textbooks, so you might try searching for those threads. Algebra/trig based intro physics books are suitable for AP Physics 1 and 2; calculus-based ones are suitable for AP Physics C.