Locating an older scientific paper without the title?

• Other
  • Thread starter rwooduk
  • Start date
I've been up all night writing and I want to go to bed, but for the life of me I can't find the paper or even the title of the paper that has been referenced in another paper. All I have is...

M.A. Margulis, A.N. Maltsev. Russ J Phys Chem, 42 (1968), p. 1412

Which should be enough to locate, but I can't find it anywhere, I can't even find the title of the paper.

I tried Medeley and Scopus and tried looking for the journal volume itself to no avail.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Answers and Replies

jim mcnamara
Mentor
https://catalyst.library.jhu.edu/catalog/bib_432493 Johns Hopkins U has the journal. But per the link, online content starts from the year 2006.
Also note that the journal exists in two languages - original Russian, and English translation.

Contact a librarian at Johns Hopkins, or one near you that has the bound version. That is what librarians do. They can produce a pdf and email it to you. You should try getting older botanical content all in German. I spent weeks corresponding with some very helpful people at the National Library of Medicine (now NIH, e.g., Pubmed) just to get 2 articles.

Likes Timmy Lee and rwooduk
https://catalyst.library.jhu.edu/catalog/bib_432493 Johns Hopkins U has the journal. But per the link, online content starts from the year 2006.
Also note that the journal exists in two languages - original Russian, and English translation.

Contact a librarian at Johns Hopkins, or one near you that has the bound version. That is what librarians do. They can produce a pdf and email it to you. You should try getting older botanical content all in German. I spent weeks corresponding with some very helpful people at the National Library of Medicine (now NIH, e.g., Pubmed) just to get 2 articles.

Thanks very much for the help! I will send an email now, then get some sleep!

Thanks again!