Look for a couple of astrophysics books

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
LiD
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone.
I'm a sophomore now , majoring in astronomy, and will become junior in no more than 1 month.
I have a good command of classical electrodynamics and quantum mechanics. However, I'm confronted with some problems.

1. I want to know more about Astronomy. I borrow Very High Energy Cosmic Gamma Radiation by F.A.Aharonian from my tutor, but it's too difficult for me, because I know little in astronomy.
So I want to find some fundamental books to read..

2. I want to work on theory in the future. But I do not have a preferred subject. So I want some books which can introduce several fields (for example, Supernova , galaxy and so on)in astrophysics(or, cosmology)

By the way, do I need to study QED QFT and GR? If so, when?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
By the way, I have finished several introductions to astrophysics. I need some fundamental books about X-rat binary, Supernova, Supernova Remnant,Galaxy, and so on, so that I could find my favourite.