1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Astrophysics Look for a couple of astrophysics books

1. Aug 4, 2015 #1

LiD

Hi everyone.
    I'm a sophomore now , majoring in astronomy, and will become junior in no more than 1 month.
    I have a good command of classical electrodynamics and quantum mechanics. However, I'm confronted with some problems.

1. I want to know more about Astronomy. I borrow Very High Energy Cosmic Gamma Radiation by F.A.Aharonian from my tutor, but it's too difficult for me, because I know little in astronomy.
    So I want to find some fundamental books to read..

2. I want to work on theory in the future. But I do not have a preferred subject. So I want some books which can introduce several fields (for example, Supernova , galaxy and so on)in astrophysics(or, cosmology)

By the way, do I need to study QED QFT and GR? If so, when?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 4, 2015 #2

LiD

By the way, I have finished several introductions to astrophysics. I need some fundamental books about X-rat binary, Supernova, Supernova Remnant,Galaxy, and so on, so that I could find my favourite.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted