Looking for a good band name having to do with the origin of the universe

In summary, "The Expanding Branes" sounds like a cool name for a band. "Bang!" is a great name for a band, too.
SpikeVoyager
Hello :rofl:

I'm searching high and low for a new band name, having to do with the origin of the universe... it has to sound cool... I wish the Big Bang theory was called another way...any ideas anyone?

thanx :biggrin:

Space news on Phys.org
-Omega Point [from Tipler]

-Omnigenesis

-Brane Collision

setAI said:
-Omega Point [from Tipler]

-Omnigenesis

-Brane Collision

Omnigenesis and Omega Point! those sound interesting! what do they mean?

How about Clash of the Branes, from the Ekpyrotic scenario for the origin in which we leive in one of the branes, which was set of expanding by being hit by another brane. For that matter, what about Ekpyrotic Scenario?

Rapid Expansion

or

Something from Nothing

To take an idea from the late Carl Sagan, Star Stuff. It has a double meaning--the band members are stars in the making.

Ylem

In the 1940s physicists George Gamow, Ralph Alpher, and Robert Herman developed a theory about how chemical elements formed during what is now called the big bang. They concluded that some of those elements, along with faint traces of heat from that event, should still be detectable. To celebrate their collaboration, Gamow whimsically dubbed the substance from which the Universe formed "Ylem" ("EYE-lem," an ancient term for "the primordial substance") and relabeled this Cointreau liqueur bottle in its honor.
From: http://www.nasm.si.edu/exhibitions/gal111/universe/etu/html/digital_age/big_bang/bb_early.html

How about Singularity?

Or if you're not a fan of the big bang :uhh: Steady State...

Since you rock band types are utterly obsessed by what is "cool", how about:

Dark Energy

More suggestions:

Particle Horizon
Olber's Paradox
Scale Factor

My favourite:

The Friedmann-Lemaitre-Robertson-Walker Metric

maybe:

- the first three minutes
- genesis, is already used, i think.
- expanding
- high density
- t=zero

cragwolf said:
Dark Energy

I like this one, myself. Also, what about Dark Matter?

hmm.. depends on what kind of stuff you play

cosmic afterbirth?

It's a strech and not really associated with creation that much, but it sounds ok: Agglomeration

Here's a few :

- Fred Hoyle Talks $#!t

- In Flay Shin Airy

- Big Banger's Ball

- Alpher-Bethe-Gamow

- Cosmogenesis

- Cosmological Constant

- Hubble's Bubbles

- Gluon Jelly

- Muster Mark

- Primordial

- Let there be Sound

I like "Re-combo"!

I like "Acoustic peaks"

meteor said:
I like "Acoustic peaks"

That sounds more like a tv show.

How about "The Expanding Branes"?

I like the name "Loren Booda" for a band. Might be some copyright issues, though.

"Heat Death" is still the best band name I know of. But that's the end of the universe.

Math Is Hard
I like the name "Loren Booda" for a band. Might be some copyright issues, though
Depends on what bangin' one is referring to!

Lots of good ones already! (I especially like setAI's & cragwolf's suggestions.)

how about...

13 billion (as in "years ago"...ok, it's closer to 14, but 13 sounds more mysterious/ominous)

Quantum Foam (kind of cheezy I suppose)

Infinity Point (also kind of cheezy)

Phobos said:
Quantum Foam (kind of cheezy I suppose)

Infinity Point (also kind of cheezy)

True 80's glory metal. POWER. WAAAAH!

How about [tex]\pi[/tex]? Has that been done before? Well, any Greek letter would do.

I just now thought of this: The Artists Formerly Known As [tex]\pi[/tex].

I love it!

I love lt, too! :rofl:

The 10th Dimension.
The Itty Biddy String Band
Extreme Perturbations
PreMetal
HyperSurface

beginner's luck
starting out
bang
growth spurt
i liked "cosmic afterbirth"

1. What is the significance of choosing a band name related to the origin of the universe?

The origin of the universe is a fascinating and complex topic that has captivated scientists and philosophers for centuries. By choosing a band name related to this concept, your band can convey a sense of curiosity and depth, and potentially attract an audience interested in science and philosophy.

2. Can you provide some examples of band names related to the origin of the universe?

Some examples of band names related to the origin of the universe could be "Primordial Echoes," "Big Bang Theory," "Cosmic Creation," or "Stellar Evolution." These names evoke imagery of the birth and development of the universe, and can be a great starting point for brainstorming your own unique band name.

3. How can I make sure my band name accurately represents the origin of the universe?

There are a few ways to ensure that your band name accurately represents the origin of the universe. One way is to do research and learn about the scientific theories and concepts surrounding the origin of the universe. You can also consult with a scientist or science enthusiast to get their perspective on your potential band name.

4. Are there any potential drawbacks to choosing a band name related to the origin of the universe?

One potential drawback is that some people may not immediately understand the connection between your band name and the origin of the universe. This could lead to confusion or misunderstandings about the message or theme of your band. Additionally, some people may have strong beliefs or opinions about the origin of the universe and may not appreciate a band name that goes against their beliefs.

5. Can I use a band name related to the origin of the universe even if my music is not specifically about science or the universe?

Absolutely! Your band name does not have to be directly related to the content of your music. It can simply be a reflection of your interests or style. As long as you are happy with your band name and it resonates with your audience, it can be a great choice regardless of the genre or theme of your music.