Looking for a high accuracy 3D graphing program

In summary, the speaker is looking for a program to accurately draw 3D parametric curves with large variables. They have tried math.uri.edu and Ti-Nspire, but have had issues with accuracy. They are asking for recommendations or tips to fix the issue. Another person suggests using pocketCAS on iPad or SciLab, a free alternative to MatLab. The speaker clarifies that they are plotting a parametric curve with 3 independent functions for each dimension.
Tegewaldt
Hi PF/math !

I've been searching for a program which will draw 3d parametric curves accurately for large variables, eg. f(10^8).
Ive tried www.math.uri.edu and Ti-Nspire (the latter may or may not have a setting for the accuracy), but both tend to turn what should've been a smooth curve into an angled nightmare.

If anyone knows a decent program or how to fix the thing in Ti-Nspire, please let me know!

Thank you for your time and help

-Tegewaldt

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I use pocketCAS on the iPad and it seems to generate pretty smooth curves.

Can you tell us what surface you're trying to plot?

i'ts not a surface, it's a parametric curve. 3 independent functions, one for each dimension.

Attachments

• SymPy-Plot_parametric3D-wire-curve.png
    SymPy-Plot_parametric3D-wire-curve.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 452
SciLab? It's like MatLab... but it's free. I love SciLab...

1. What features should I look for in a high accuracy 3D graphing program?

A high accuracy 3D graphing program should have the ability to handle large datasets, easily create and customize graphs, and have advanced mathematical capabilities for precise data analysis. It should also have a user-friendly interface and the ability to export graphs in various file formats.

2. Can I use a free 3D graphing program for accurate scientific data?

Yes, there are many free 3D graphing programs that have high accuracy and are suitable for scientific data analysis. However, it is important to thoroughly research the program and its capabilities to ensure it meets your specific needs.

3. How do I ensure that my 3D graphs are accurate?

To ensure accuracy in your 3D graphs, it is important to use reliable and precise data, understand the mathematical functions used in the program, and properly adjust and customize the graph settings. It is also helpful to double-check your data and results with other graphing programs or methods.

4. Are there any limitations to using a 3D graphing program for accuracy?

While 3D graphing programs can provide high accuracy, it is important to note that they are still limited by the accuracy of the data inputted. Additionally, some programs may have limitations in terms of the complexity of the graphs or the size of the dataset that can be handled.

5. Can I use a 3D graphing program for real-time data analysis?

Yes, there are some 3D graphing programs that have the capability to handle real-time data analysis. However, this may require advanced features and may come at a higher cost. It is important to research the specific program and its capabilities before using it for real-time analysis.