Finding a Program to Draw 3D Graphs for Generating & Ruling Curves

In summary, there are several options for finding a program to draw 3D graphs, including popular software like Matlab and Mathematica, as well as searching for "3D graphing software" or "graphing calculator." However, not all programs have the ability to generate and rule curves on a 3D graph, so it is important to research the capabilities of a program before use. While there are free programs available, they may have limited features compared to paid software. Using a 3D graphing program offers advantages such as visualizing complex data and relationships and creating accurate and precise graphs quickly. Many programs also allow for importing data from external sources, such as Excel spreadsheets, making it easier to create graphs with existing data.
glitchy
I'm looking for a program which can draw 3D graphs which can identify the generating curves and ruling.

i'm trying to draw up these 2 graphs

z = 2x^2 + y^2

x^2/9 + y^2/9 + z^2/16 = 1

any ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Finding a Program to Draw 3D Graphs for Generating & Ruling Curves

1. How do I find a program to draw 3D graphs?

There are many programs available for drawing 3D graphs, such as Matlab, Mathematica, and GeoGebra. You can also search for "3D graphing software" or "graphing calculator" to find a variety of options.

2. Can I use any program to generate and rule curves on a 3D graph?

Not all programs have the capability to generate and rule curves on a 3D graph. It is important to research the features and capabilities of a program before using it for this purpose.

3. Are there any free programs for drawing 3D graphs?

Yes, there are free programs available for drawing 3D graphs, such as GeoGebra and Desmos. However, these programs may have limited features compared to paid software.

4. What are the advantages of using a 3D graphing program?

Using a 3D graphing program allows for visualizing complex data and relationships, making it easier to understand and analyze. It also allows for creating accurate and precise graphs quickly and efficiently.

5. Can I import data into a 3D graphing program?

Yes, many 3D graphing programs have the capability to import data from other sources, such as Excel spreadsheets or CSV files. This can save time and make it easier to create a graph with existing data.