1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for a wireless system for collecting 12+ temp. measurements

1. Dec 15, 2008 #1
    I was wondering if anyone has suggestions in terms of wireless transmitters/receivers for a system that will have over a dozen temperature measurements (either thermocouples or RTD's). I have no idea where to even begin looking. Thanks,

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2008 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

4. Dec 15, 2008 #3
    hmm im actually looking for something.. maybe smaller scale? Its for measuring thermoelectrics, i.e. a lot smaller than weather type temperatures.

5. Dec 16, 2008 #4
    Can't vouch for their systems, having mainly worked with National Instruments (who only offer 4ch wireless), but you could try Omega.

6. Dec 16, 2008 #5
    Well, you haven't really given us much information but I would suggest bluetooth. Its relatively cheap and easier to work with than wifi. Although some of it requires ATA commands if IIRC. Its been a while since I've done any wireless stuff.

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=8332

BTW, NL's LabView blows!

7. Dec 16, 2008 #6
    Not really, it's pretty powerful if you persevere with it. If you have the time to learn how to program everything in a non graphical manner it's probably less useful, but as a quick and easy means of acquiring, analysing and displaying data it's pretty good.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook