Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for a wireless system for collecting 12+ temp. measurements

1. Dec 15, 2008 #1
    I was wondering if anyone has suggestions in terms of wireless transmitters/receivers for a system that will have over a dozen temperature measurements (either thermocouples or RTD's). I have no idea where to even begin looking. Thanks,
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 15, 2008 #2

Staff: Mentor

4. Dec 15, 2008 #3
    hmm im actually looking for something.. maybe smaller scale? Its for measuring thermoelectrics, i.e. a lot smaller than weather type temperatures.
  5. Dec 16, 2008 #4
    Can't vouch for their systems, having mainly worked with National Instruments (who only offer 4ch wireless), but you could try Omega.
  6. Dec 16, 2008 #5
    Well, you haven't really given us much information but I would suggest bluetooth. Its relatively cheap and easier to work with than wifi. Although some of it requires ATA commands if IIRC. Its been a while since I've done any wireless stuff.

BTW, NL's LabView blows!
  7. Dec 16, 2008 #6
    Not really, it's pretty powerful if you persevere with it. If you have the time to learn how to program everything in a non graphical manner it's probably less useful, but as a quick and easy means of acquiring, analysing and displaying data it's pretty good.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?