Looking For bubble physics university textbook

In summary, the conversation is about finding resources on bubble physics, specifically a classic book by Clive. Recommendations for other textbooks and resources are also requested. Several books are mentioned, including ones on surfactant chemistry, sonoluminescence, and bubbles and foams applied to environmental or astrophysics. The books suggested include "Soft Condensed Matter Science" by Amazon and "Cavitation and Bubble Dynamics" by Brennen.
maggiemee
Hi

I'm doing a project on bubbles, and I'm trying to find resources on bubble physics.
My professor said that there is a classic on by clive, but couldn't remember the details, and I can't find it anywhere. Could anybody help?

Recommendations for any other good textbooks on basic bubble physics would be appreciated

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
what I've figured out is this: its hard getting book recommendations for subjects like this. i myself have trouble finding books on mass transfer for scientists.

if you're interested in surfactant chemistry, thermodynamics and bubble formation, you should look at books in Soft Condensed Matter Science such as this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0198505892/?tag=pfamazon01-20

If you want to learn about sonoluminescence you can directly search for that.

If you want to learn about bubbles and foams applied to environmental or astrophysics, then I'm afraid I can't help you.

Nice one, looks like another great reference book - I didn't know that one was available, thanks meanrev!

1. What is the best textbook for learning about bubble physics in university?

The best textbook for learning about bubble physics in university is "Bubble Dynamics and Shock Waves" by Clive Greated. It covers all the fundamental concepts and theories of bubble physics and is widely used in universities around the world.

2. Is "Bubble Dynamics and Shock Waves" suitable for beginners?

Yes, "Bubble Dynamics and Shock Waves" is suitable for beginners as it starts with the basics and gradually progresses to more complex topics. It also includes helpful illustrations and examples to aid in understanding.

3. Can I find this textbook online?

Yes, "Bubble Dynamics and Shock Waves" is available for purchase online through various bookstores and retailers. It may also be available in electronic format for online access.

4. Is there a more recent version of this textbook available?

The most recent version of "Bubble Dynamics and Shock Waves" was published in 2019. However, as bubble physics is a well-established field, the concepts covered in this textbook remain relevant and up-to-date.

5. Are there any supplementary materials available to accompany this textbook?

Yes, the author of "Bubble Dynamics and Shock Waves" has also published a solutions manual and a set of lecture slides to accompany the textbook. These materials can be useful for further understanding and practice.