Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Looking for Economic data on oil exports and imports

1. Apr 24, 2014 #1
    I was wondering if anyone could recommend a source for economic data where I can find a list of countries with where they export oil to, and how much per year. I use Mathematica, but their "CountryData" function doesn't have the functionality to do this.
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 24, 2014 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The best source of that information will be the particular countries department of statistics.
  4. Apr 25, 2014 #3
    Alright, any other suggestions, I can manually conglomerate the data of different countries, but it's going to take longer. If it's on one site, I can grab and parse all of it.
  5. Apr 25, 2014 #4

Staff: Mentor

6. Apr 25, 2014 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    2015 Award

The US Government has a whole department which deals with such data: the Energy Information Administration

Commodities like petroleum are sold in world markets, where whoever has the asking price can purchase that commodity. Unless there is some sort of trade agreement between two countries which specifies that country A will supply country B with so many barrels of oil per year, oil may pass thru many different hands on its way from country A to country B.
  7. Apr 26, 2014 #6
  8. Apr 26, 2014 #7

Staff: Mentor

Glad I could help.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted