Looking for Experimental Data on Isotopes (Nuclear Physics and Engineering)

In summary, looking for experimental data on isotopes in the field of nuclear physics and engineering is a vital aspect in understanding the properties and behavior of these atoms. This data can be obtained through various experimental techniques such as mass spectrometry, neutron activation analysis, and nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. It helps researchers and scientists in developing new technologies and applications for nuclear energy, medicine, and environmental studies. Additionally, the availability of accurate and reliable experimental data is crucial for advancing our knowledge and understanding of isotopes and their role in various fields of science and engineering.
Admiralibr123
TL;DR Summary
I want to find some resources for in-depth experimental data about isotopes.
So, a website in which I just enter an element or an Isotope and it just lists all the relevant experimental data like mass, mass-defect binding energy etc.
Also resources for the absorption data, resources to explore Monte-Carlo simulations, and other calculation tools would be awesome. Just a thorough resource of nuclear engineering course in undergrad. If someone can also detail how would I go about finding these websites and resources without bothering everyone, it will be a big help because googling hasn't helped for an in-depth resource.

Physics news on Phys.org
Admiralibr123 said:
it just lists all the relevant experimental data like mass, mass-defect binding energy etc.

All the data? All the data? All the data? You're not going to find that, and I don't think that's really what you want. Why don't you tell us what you have found in your searches and why this doesn't work for you.

I found the Kaeri table and JANIS (a software with many databases for various sorts of data)
Thanks, everyone.

1. What are isotopes?

Isotopes are atoms of the same element that have the same number of protons but different numbers of neutrons. This results in a slight difference in atomic mass, but the chemical properties of the element remain the same.

2. Why is experimental data on isotopes important in nuclear physics and engineering?

Experimental data on isotopes is important because it helps scientists and engineers understand the behavior and characteristics of different isotopes, which is crucial for developing nuclear technologies and studying nuclear reactions.

3. Where can I find experimental data on isotopes?

Experimental data on isotopes can be found in scientific journals, databases, and research papers. Some reputable sources include the National Nuclear Data Center, the International Atomic Energy Agency, and the Atomic and Nuclear Data Information System.

4. How is experimental data on isotopes collected?

Experimental data on isotopes is collected through various methods such as mass spectrometry, nuclear reactions, and spectroscopy. Scientists use specialized equipment and techniques to measure the properties and behavior of different isotopes.

5. What can experimental data on isotopes tell us about nuclear physics and engineering?

Experimental data on isotopes can provide valuable information about the stability, decay, and reactions of different isotopes. This data can be used to improve nuclear technologies, understand the behavior of nuclear materials, and study the fundamental principles of nuclear physics.