Looking for guidance on my final project

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of threat modelling and prediction and how it can be used with machine learning. The speaker shares that they have found articles using MITRE ATT&CK repository and STIX with machine learning and data mining, but they are unsure if this is the right approach. They also mention the possibility of narrowing down the topic to a specific type of threat and using web traffic data as an example. Finally, they provide a blog article that may be helpful for further research.
polpolpol
My project is on threat modelling and prediction. The use of threat modelling with machine learning. So far I've found articles that use MITRE ATT&CK repository with STIX used with machine learning and data mining with CVSS, but I'm unsure if this is the right track. I basically just need to know I'm on the right track so sources and ideas for would help me a lot. Thank you

Technology news on Phys.org
Your project topic seems very broad.

Have you thought to narrow it down to a specific kind of threat and how you might spot it in web traffic data as an example?

I found this blog article on your topic that might help you or others reading this post

https://www.varonis.com/blog/threat-modeling

Likes sysprog

1. What should I do if I'm struggling to come up with a topic for my final project?

If you're having trouble coming up with a topic for your final project, try brainstorming by making a list of your interests, talking to your professor or classmates for ideas, or looking at past projects for inspiration. It's also important to choose a topic that aligns with your skills and the project guidelines.

2. How do I know if my final project idea is feasible?

The best way to determine if your final project idea is feasible is to do some research and gather information on the topic. This will give you a better understanding of the scope of the project and if it is achievable within the given timeframe. It's also helpful to consult with your professor or a mentor for their input and advice.

3. How can I ensure that my final project is original and not plagiarized?

To ensure that your final project is original and not plagiarized, it's important to properly cite any sources used and give credit to others' work. Use plagiarism checker tools to double-check your work and make sure to paraphrase or quote information correctly. You can also ask a peer or professor to review your project for any potential plagiarism.

4. How should I organize and structure my final project?

The best way to organize and structure your final project will depend on the specific requirements and guidelines given by your professor. However, a general structure to follow includes an introduction, background and literature review, methodology, results, discussion, and conclusion. Make sure to also include clear headings and subheadings to make your project easy to follow and understand.

5. How can I make my final project stand out?

To make your final project stand out, you can incorporate visual aids such as graphs or charts, use creative and engaging language, and present your findings in a unique way. You can also add a personal touch by sharing your own thoughts and reflections on the project. Additionally, make sure to thoroughly proofread and edit your work to ensure it is high-quality and error-free.