1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

M.Eng. or MS in Civil/Env./Electrical Engineering with BA in Physics?

1. Jul 3, 2010 #1
    Hey,

I'm a graduated senior that's pursuing another degree until the end of 2010. I have a 2.7 cumulative GPA with 154 credit hours (I also majored in Philosophy). I want to go to graduate school for engineering and wondering what my odds of getting into schools are with my major and GPA.

What should I do if they aren't?

Thanks,

Defecritus

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2010 #2
    What sort of GPA do you have for your physics courses? And how many letters of recommendation have you snagged so far?

4. Jul 3, 2010 #3
    Not very good so far...I have one more semester and I have around a 2.25. I can get three letters of recommendation for sure and I am taking 12 more hours in the Fall so I could bring my major GPA up significantly.

I'm also taking the GRE General Test in the Fall as well. What kind of score should I be shooting for?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook