Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Maclaurin series of the function!

1. Mar 12, 2007 #1
    Please Refer to the attachment, i'm new to the forums and am not sure how to type Math Terms.

I've been working on this for a couple of days now and i can't get anywhere near an answer.

Any Help is MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 12, 2007 #2
    Well, show us what you've done so far, and we'll try to explain if you doing something wrong, and point you in the right direction.
  4. Mar 12, 2007 #3

Gib Z

Homework Helper

Do you see how to positive solution to the numerator of the function is related to the Fibonacci numbers?
  5. Mar 12, 2007 #4
    well the truth is, everytime i comeback to this question i feel discouraged to continue because i really don't understand how to approach the question and then of course solve it. Normally the textbook has some sort of answer i can use to work backwards with, but seeing as it's a bonus question, they don't provide solutions or answers.

so really, even if someone could get me started or anything that may be of help it would be greatly appreciated!

thanks so much
  6. Mar 12, 2007 #5

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Have you applied the hint? It shows you exactly how to do it.
    Show what you got so far.
  7. Mar 17, 2007 #6
    The answer is in the hint..
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?