Maclaurin series of the function

In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help with a math problem on a forum. They mention being new to the forums and not understanding how to type math terms. They have been working on the problem for a few days but have not been able to find an answer. They ask for help and someone suggests showing their progress so far. The original poster expresses feeling discouraged and not understanding how to approach the question. They mention that the textbook does not have a solution for the bonus question. They ask for any help or starting point. Another person suggests applying the hint given, which provides a clear way to solve the problem.
Please Refer to the attachment, I'm new to the forums and am not sure how to type Math Terms.

I've been working on this for a couple of days now and i can't get anywhere near an answer.

Any Help is MUCH appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• calc q.jpg
    calc q.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 432
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, show us what you've done so far, and we'll try to explain if you doing something wrong, and point you in the right direction.

Do you see how to positive solution to the numerator of the function is related to the Fibonacci numbers?

well the truth is, everytime i comeback to this question i feel discouraged to continue because i really don't understand how to approach the question and then of course solve it. Normally the textbook has some sort of answer i can use to work backwards with, but seeing as it's a bonus question, they don't provide solutions or answers.

so really, even if someone could get me started or anything that may be of help it would be greatly appreciated!

thanks so much

Have you applied the hint? It shows you exactly how to do it.
Show what you got so far.

The answer is in the hint..

What is a Maclaurin series?

A Maclaurin series is a type of power series representation of a function that is centered at x = 0. It is named after Scottish mathematician Colin Maclaurin.

How is a Maclaurin series different from a Taylor series?

A Maclaurin series is a special case of a Taylor series, where the center of the series is at x = 0. In other words, a Maclaurin series is a Taylor series with a specific center.

What is the purpose of using a Maclaurin series?

A Maclaurin series can be used to approximate the value of a function at a certain point, especially for functions that are difficult to evaluate directly. It can also be used to find derivatives and integrals of a function.

How can a Maclaurin series be written in summation notation?

A Maclaurin series can be written in the form of a summation using the general term formula, where each term is calculated using the function's derivatives evaluated at x = 0.

What is the convergence of a Maclaurin series?

The convergence of a Maclaurin series depends on the function it is representing. Some Maclaurin series converge for all values of x, while others only converge within a certain interval. It is important to check for the convergence of a Maclaurin series before using it to approximate a function's value.

Suggested for: Maclaurin series of the function

Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies