Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mad at something? Here's where to put a website about it!

1. Mar 18, 2015 #1

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2015 #2

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That sucks - as far as big companies are concerned. What a blatent shakedown. :rolleyes:

4. Mar 18, 2015 #3
    ICANN is really grabbing for money lately with all these unnecessary gTLDs

5. Mar 18, 2015 #4

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

When I was choosing a domain name for my web site a few months ago, I was amazed by the number of new gTLDs that were available. However, I haven't yet actually seen any sites that use anything but the traditional .com, .net, .org, .info, .edu, .gov, .mil, and the various national TLDs.

If I hadn't found a suitable traditional domain, I might have gone with .name.

I can think of a few people we've dealt with who probably would love to own physicsforums.sucks. :oldlaugh:

6. Mar 21, 2015 #5
    Hahaha! Google is sure to get one. For historical purposes it will be the place to find every Google changes to all of their products that everyone was against at one point in time, but were still forced down our throats.

Then at school, students will be given homeworks like: Write an essay on a change Google once made on one of their products and everyone was against it, but no one gave a damn on Google and it still got enforced. And on the sources students will put:

Google.sucks

7. Mar 22, 2015 #6

Svein

Science Advisor

I cannot see the need for it. Every forum on the internet is already a member (home for the trolls etc.).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook