Magnetic Field Strength in a Solenoid at t = 1 ms

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
vysero
Messages
134
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



What is the magnitude of the magnetic field inside the solenoid at t = 1 ms?

Homework Equations



Not sure

The Attempt at a Solution



Well I would make an attempt but firstly I have a question. What I want to know is the above question simply referring to the emf of the solenoid? Is the emf the same thing as the magnetic field? I cannot seem to find an equation relating magnetic fields and inductors.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
No, it is asking about the strength of the magnetic field, which is not the same as the emf.
 
axmls said:
No, it is asking about the strength of the magnetic field, which is not the same as the emf.

Right moments after posting this I found an equation for the B of a solenoid. I then found i for the inductor based on the given time and was able to find the stregth of B from that.