Magnitude of acceleration of a speck of clay

In summary, the magnitude of the acceleration of a speck of clay on the edge of a potter's wheel turning at 48 revolutions per minute with a diameter of 34 is being discussed, and the formula V=2(3.14)r/T and ar =v2/r are being used. The correct answer was eventually found after converting cm to m.
MannyB
What is the magnitude of the acceleration of a speck of clay on the edge of a potter's wheel turning at 48 (revolutions per minute) if the wheel's diameter is 34 ?

I tried using V=2(3.14)r/T then using ar =v2/r but i keep getting the wrong answer.

Physics news on Phys.org
MannyB said:
What is the magnitude of the acceleration of a speck of clay on the edge of a potter's wheel turning at 48 (revolutions per minute) if the wheel's diameter is 34 ?

I tried using V=2(3.14)r/T then using ar =v2/r but i keep getting the wrong answer.
Hi, Manny, welcome to PF!. You seem to be on the right track, why don't you show your numbers and someone will correct your math. What about the units??

...i forgot to convert cm to m:mad: i have the right answer now.

What is the magnitude of acceleration of a speck of clay?

The magnitude of acceleration of a speck of clay is the measure of how quickly the speed or direction of the speck of clay changes over time.

How is the magnitude of acceleration of a speck of clay calculated?

The magnitude of acceleration of a speck of clay can be calculated by dividing the change in velocity by the change in time.

What factors affect the magnitude of acceleration of a speck of clay?

Several factors can affect the magnitude of acceleration of a speck of clay, including the force applied to the clay, its mass, and any external forces acting on it.

What units are used to measure the magnitude of acceleration of a speck of clay?

The magnitude of acceleration of a speck of clay is typically measured in meters per second squared (m/s^2).

Why is understanding the magnitude of acceleration of a speck of clay important?

Understanding the magnitude of acceleration of a speck of clay is important in many fields of science, including physics and engineering, as it helps to explain the movement and behavior of objects and can be used to make predictions and solve problems.