Make it so you can edit your Blog Posts

• Thread starter John Creighto
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the benefits of having a blog on the platform, including a technically astute audience and built-in support for latex. The idea of using the blog for more detailed posts while using the forums for general discussion is also mentioned. However, the speaker encountered issues with using the blog features, particularly with previewing and editing posts. They suggest using the preview facility on the reply page of a thread or setting up a personal wiki as a sandbox before posting to the blog.
John Creighto
I like the idea of having Blog's here because there is a technically astute audience and it has built in support for latex. I would like it so I could put more detailed posts which are less conducive to discussion in the blog section well more general discussion could take place on these forums (perhaps with some reference to the details which were outlined in the blog post). I tried using the blog features, and the preview button wasn't rendering the formula's correctly and once I posted I was not able to edit my post. Would it be possible to get built in support for editing blog posts any time soon?

Physics news on Phys.org
previewing

John Creighto said:
I tried using the blog features, and the preview button wasn't rendering the formula's correctly …

Hi John Creighto! :smile:

Just use the preview facility on the Reply page of any thread, before finally pasting into the blog. :wink:

tiny-tim said:
Hi John Creighto! :smile:

Just use the preview facility on the Reply page of any thread, before finally pasting into the blog. :wink:

That didn't work for me because the latex was getting rendered to equations I previously typed on this form and not the ones I was putting in my blog posts. Anyway, I'm settng up my own personal wiki so maybe that would be a good place to sandbox before posting to the blog.

1. How will the ability to edit blog posts benefit users?

The ability to edit blog posts will allow users to make changes or updates to their posts if they find errors or want to add more information. It also gives them the flexibility to change their posts according to their evolving thoughts or opinions.

2. Will users be able to see the previous versions of their blog posts?

Yes, users will be able to access and view all the previous versions of their blog posts. This feature will help them track their changes and revert to an older version if needed.

3. How will the editing process be different from creating a new blog post?

The editing process will be similar to creating a new blog post, but users will have the option to update an existing post instead of starting from scratch. They can also choose to keep their post in draft mode until they are ready to publish the changes.

4. Can multiple users edit the same blog post?

If the blog post is published on a collaborative platform, multiple users can edit the same post. However, if the post is published on a personal blog, only the owner will have the ability to edit it.

5. How will the editing feature impact the visibility of the blog post?

The editing feature will not impact the visibility of the blog post. If the post is already published, it will continue to be visible to readers. If the post is in draft mode, it will not be visible until it is published.