Making a fomula to calculate the max power (electricity)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Tqooa Ez

Homework Statement


Show how you can make a mathematic formula for maximum power, by using the other formulas.
I think, that U is maybe called V in English.

Homework Equations



U= R*I
Up = -ri *I+U0

The Attempt at a Solution


[/B]
P=I·(-ri·I+U0)P= -ri·I2+U0 I


 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Tqooa Ez,

Welcome to Physics Forums!

Tqooa Ez said:

Homework Statement


Show how you can make a mathematic formula for maximum power, by using the other formulas.
I think, that U is maybe called V in English.

Homework Equations



U= R*I
Up = -ri *I+U0

The Attempt at a Solution


[/B]
P=I·(-ri·I+U0)P= -ri·I2+U0 I

Can you give some more context to the problem? Is there a particular circuit involved? (I'm assuming that this is a circuit analysis problem given the names of the variables that you've mentioned). A circuit diagram would be welcomed.