Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Making circuit diagram in LaTeX

1. Oct 3, 2011 #1
    Hi

I'am having problem making one line diagrams (Power Systems) in LaTeX, I will manage but it shure is troublesome and time consuming.

I'am using the package tikz and circuitikz. Attached is a preview of what I would like to draw, and the code assosiated with it.

What I would like is some sort of function/style for the "bus"(thick line), where each bus is a node with anchors assosiated with it. Where the node anchors are easily accessible for drawing connecting lines. Anyone got some ideas for a solution?

I believe many textbooks use latex in their drawings, but is does not seem to look like circuitikz symbols. Are there any other packages out there for drawing electrical diagrams?

Thanks
    - SirAskalot

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 30, 2011 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

look to the ctan website

most often though, another graphics package is used to make the diagrams as an image that gets imported into the [itex]\LaTeX[/itex] document.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook