Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Manipulate Matrix Output (TI84+)

1. Feb 26, 2013 #1
    When I manipulate two matrices by taking one and multiplying by the inverse of the other to solve a system of linear equations, how do I save the values of the output?

for example, the output i got for each variable was in decimal form, and i wanted to change each into fraction form.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 7, 2013 #2
    If you want to change the output into a fraction, I believe there is a function which can be found in the Math menu (I think it is the first option) which looks something like ->Frac. This function obviously won't work for irrational numbers, and it's possible that it doesn't always work for rational numbers. I haven't used it in a while since I got my TI 89Ti.

If you want to save the values, you could probably try storing them in another matrix variable, but I can't really test this out on a calculator right now since I don't have an 84+ anymore.

4. Mar 7, 2013 #3
    i know how to use the ->frac function. i just don't know how to save the output to run the function on each value.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook