• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Master Slave schemes in dynamic systems

• Applied
  • Thread starter s00mb
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Does anyone know a good book on master-slave schemes in dynamic systems? I'm on a dynamics book covering oscillators and it kind of glances over the topic and expects me to know it. I've done previous basic dynamics books and haven't seen it in them and checking on the internet I have found very little introductory material on this. The part I'm stumped on is how they come about the slave system from the master system (In case I need to be more specific the master system is a system of autonomous differential equations) to begin with. I feel like I might be missing something very easy but it is eluding me. I'd prefer something as close to introductory as possible. Thanks for any help!

Answers and Replies

Figured out my own question whoops

BvU
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2019 Award
Enlighten us ! I didn't find much in the PF textbooks and considered to refer you to the domain of chemical engineeering -- but decided against because it doesn't seem to be your turf.

https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1186/1687-1847-2013-24.pdf
I am still learning it but I found my understand of what it is in this article. I thought it was a mathematical construction but turns out it was more of a physical one for input output. Still very interesting though. No chemical engineering isn't my forte although I have a working knowledge of undergrad chemistry through physical and inorganic. I've been doing alot of stuff with signal processing lately. I follow a personal philosophy of learning as much as i can in order to do more "good" things. After all the more you know the more you can do. Hope that article helps.

BvU
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2019 Award
Very fancy. For more down-to-earth examples try googling 'cascade controller': plenty useful and much less complicated examples.

Thanks