Mastering LaTeX for Mathematical Formula Display

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter Zman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, to display LaTex equations in a document, you will need to use a LaTex editor or processor. This can also be done in Microsoft Word and Google Docs using plugins or add-ons. To display LaTex equations on a website, a LaTex to HTML converter or a LaTex to image converter can be used. The process for displaying LaTex equations is the same on both computers and mobile devices, but the appearance may vary. To make LaTex equations more visually appealing, different fonts, colors, and formatting options can be used, as well as packages like TikZ or PGFPlots for diagrams and graphs.
Zman
Hi

When posting, I am trying to display maths formulae using LaTeX.
It is so much easier to read.
When I hit 'Preview post' all I see is the raw LaTeX;

[tex]
3i\theta + 2ik\pi = i\frac{\pi}{2}
[tex]

Is there something else that I need?

Physics news on Phys.org
the closing tag should be [ /tex] (delete the space to make it work)

[tex]
3i\theta + 2ik\pi = i\frac{\pi}{2}
[/tex]

Brilliant, just like HTML.

Thanks robphy

Related to Mastering LaTeX for Mathematical Formula Display

1. How do I display LaTex equations in a document?

To display LaTex equations in a document, you will need to use a LaTex editor or processor. This will allow you to write the equations using LaTex syntax and then convert them into a format that can be displayed in the document, such as a PDF or HTML file.

2. Can I display LaTex equations in Microsoft Word or Google Docs?

Yes, there are plugins and add-ons available for both Microsoft Word and Google Docs that allow you to display LaTex equations. These plugins will convert the LaTex syntax into a format that can be displayed in the document.

3. How can I display LaTex equations on a website?

To display LaTex equations on a website, you will need to use a LaTex to HTML converter. This will convert the LaTex equations into HTML code that can be embedded into your website. Alternatively, you can use a LaTex to image converter to create an image of the equation and then insert it into your website.

4. Is there a difference between displaying LaTex on a computer and a mobile device?

No, the process for displaying LaTex equations is the same on both computers and mobile devices. However, the appearance of the equations may vary depending on the device and screen size.

5. How can I make my LaTex equations look more visually appealing?

There are several ways to make your LaTex equations look more visually appealing. You can use different fonts, colors, and formatting options to enhance the appearance. Additionally, you can use packages such as TikZ or PGFPlots to create diagrams and graphs within your LaTex equations.