Master's degree: Computational Science vs. Artificial Intelligence?

• Physics
  • Thread starter zezee42
  • Start date
Hello everyone,

I study physics in Hungary and this is the last year of the BSc. After that I would like to do my Master's degree in Austria either at TU Wien (Computational Science and Engineering) or at JKU in Linz (Artificial Intelligence). My question is: which field has better career prospects either in the industry or in academy?
I know these two are kind of different but I have some experience in both field and like doing them. I do research in computational astrophysics for 3 years now and besides that I started to work for a multinational company as an intern where I help a team in AI development.

So I'm wondering which field has better future. Has anyone experience one of these fields?

Thank you in advance!

Answers and Replies

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
The one that has the best future for you is whichever one you like the most.

Likes DEvens, Bystander and zezee42
DEvens
Education Advisor
Gold Member
phinds gives good advice. Though a little tersely.

Look for the subject that attracts you, that "glimmers." The subject that you don't need to be driven by other people or worries about your career or making money. The subject you keep coming back to because you find it interesting, diverting, engaging. The thing that, when you work on it, you don't notice the rest of the world. And hours go by while you continue to work on it.

If you can find that and work on that, your career will be rich and rewarding. You will automatically keep your nose in your work, and your attention focused. And that will advance you more than anything else ever could.

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
phinds gives good advice. Though a little tersely.
"Terse" is my middle name (*)

(*) Except when it is "verbose". :smile: