Masters in Electrical Engineering abroad

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's plans to pursue a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering from abroad, specifically in the US or Germany. They have concerns about the high fees of US universities and are considering German universities which have lower costs. The speaker also asks for advice on the admission process, the quality of education in Germany compared to the US, the need to learn German, and the top colleges for Electrical Engineering in Germany. They also mention their classmates' focus on US universities.
darkxponent
Hi all.

I have just completed my bachelors degree from an Indian University. I am an Indian citizen. I want to do a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering(Control Systems most probably) from abroad in a year or two. I searched on Internet to find the top universities in the world and found out that most of those are US Universities. I have some doubts in my mind about my future and i need help from you guys.

As I am from a middle class Indian family I cannot afford to study in US University as they charge extremely high fees. There were some German Universities in list as well that caught my attention. I found out that the cost of studying in Germany is very less(less one tenth of that of US as there is no tuition fees there).

As i know that doing Masters from is US is considered very good and it is much hyped here in Indian colleges. Most of my classmates are preparing for US universities.

But what about Masters is Germany?
How good it is compared to US?
What is the admission procedure?
Do i need to learn German to study there?
What the good colleges for Electrical Engineering in Germany?
What is the approximate cost of doing masters degree including living expenses?

PS: If anyone from Germany could answer these it would be great.
Thank You in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
No replies?

1. What is a Masters in Electrical Engineering?

A Masters in Electrical Engineering is an advanced degree program that focuses on the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. It covers topics such as circuit analysis, digital systems, power systems, and communication systems.

2. Why should I pursue a Masters in Electrical Engineering abroad?

Studying abroad for a Masters in Electrical Engineering can provide you with a global perspective and allow you to gain experience in a different cultural and educational environment. It can also give you access to cutting-edge research facilities and international networking opportunities.

3. What are the job opportunities after completing a Masters in Electrical Engineering abroad?

Graduates with a Masters in Electrical Engineering have a wide range of job opportunities in industries such as power and energy, telecommunications, electronics, and computer engineering. They can work as electrical engineers, systems engineers, project managers, and research and development engineers.

4. What are the requirements for admission to a Masters in Electrical Engineering program abroad?

The requirements for admission may vary depending on the university and country you are applying to. Generally, you will need a bachelor's degree in a related field, such as electrical engineering, physics, or mathematics, as well as a good academic record, letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose.

5. How long does it take to complete a Masters in Electrical Engineering abroad?

The duration of a Masters in Electrical Engineering program can vary from 1 to 2 years, depending on the university and country. Some programs may also offer part-time options, which can take longer to complete. It is important to research the program's structure and requirements to determine the expected length of study.