1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Master's Programs and Good Weather?

1. Jan 9, 2015 #1
    Hi, I know this is an unusual question, but it's important to me.

I'm looking for a physics master's program somewhere that has pleasant weather. All the reputable programs I can find are in the US or northern parts of Europe (Germany, England, etc.) I like warm and dry weather (family is from Mexico and Aruba.) The only place that has weather somewhat like that in the US is southern California, and northern Europe, well forget about that!

So does anyone know of master's programs located in warm, dry places? (Maybe Australia?)

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 9, 2015 #2
    Have you considered somewhere like New Mexico or Arizona in the US? I know the University of Arizona has a great physics program.

4. Jan 10, 2015 #3
    How about University of Melbourne? Melbourne has a 2-year master program. You might want to check out the website of Melbourne to learn more.

5. Jan 11, 2015 #4

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

So does U of Texas (Austin).

6. Jan 12, 2015 #5
    I would strongly suggest the University of Arizona in Tucson if you can get in. It is an Excellent program -- World class. Tucson is a wonderful little city with warm winters and reasonable, if a bit hot, summers. It is a center for optics and astronomy with a number of the World's largest telescopes an easy drive from the center of the city.

7. Jan 26, 2015 #6
    Thanks for the replies!

8. Jan 28, 2015 #7
    Don't ignore Europe! Italy has the ICTP (International Centre for Theoretical Physics), which has a very good name. And this really intense 12 months master's looks very appealing IMO:

http://diploma.ictp.it/

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook