• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Master's Programs and Good Weather?

• Thread starter cuallito
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi, I know this is an unusual question, but it's important to me.

I'm looking for a physics master's program somewhere that has pleasant weather. All the reputable programs I can find are in the US or northern parts of Europe (Germany, England, etc.) I like warm and dry weather (family is from Mexico and Aruba.) The only place that has weather somewhat like that in the US is southern California, and northern Europe, well forget about that!

So does anyone know of master's programs located in warm, dry places? (Maybe Australia?)

Answers and Replies

Have you considered somewhere like New Mexico or Arizona in the US? I know the University of Arizona has a great physics program.

How about University of Melbourne? Melbourne has a 2-year master program. You might want to check out the website of Melbourne to learn more.

jtbell
Mentor
I know the University of Arizona has a great physics program.
So does U of Texas (Austin).

Have you considered somewhere like New Mexico or Arizona in the US? I know the University of Arizona has a great physics program.
I would strongly suggest the University of Arizona in Tucson if you can get in. It is an Excellent program -- World class. Tucson is a wonderful little city with warm winters and reasonable, if a bit hot, summers. It is a center for optics and astronomy with a number of the World's largest telescopes an easy drive from the center of the city.

Thanks for the replies!

Don't ignore Europe! Italy has the ICTP (International Centre for Theoretical Physics), which has a very good name. And this really intense 12 months master's looks very appealing IMO:

http://diploma.ictp.it/