1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Masterselectricalelectronicswhats the difference

1. Apr 25, 2015 #1
    I am from india ,pursuing electronics and communication degree...i wanted to do my MASTERS in USA..but but when i searched for courses for masters i only found courses for "computer science" and "electrical " ...I wanted to get masters degree in electronicsbranch....some fields like:
    1.chip designing
    2.microprocessors
    3.micro controllers
    4.programming devices
    i dont want to have master s in electrical field..something like
    1.transormer building
    electrical appliences
    devices that deal with 240 volts or more....

and i dont have any idea of wat computer engineering is....
    we dnt even have that branch in any college in india//...!!

so guyz who ever see this please do reply..(0f u have an idea )...that would be really great
    thank you....:)

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 25, 2015 #2
    Check out the websites for various departments. Typically electronics appears under the department of electrical engineering.

4. Apr 26, 2015 #3

donpacino

Gold Member

At most school in the US that would be computer engineering, or a computer concentration in electrical.
    note: chip designing is more electrical and in some cases requires a slightly different skillset.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook