"Mathematica" code for the "+" option.

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of including Mathematica code in a thread for the language option. It is mentioned that there are special code tags for PHP and HTML, but not for Mathematica. It is suggested to use [code=mathematica] for syntax highlighting. There is a question about the ease of adding a syntax highlighter for Mathematica.
aheight
Sometimes I include Mathematica code. Is is possible to include this option when including code in the thread for the language option? For example, would be nice to have a heading as "Mathematica" in the following code insert rather than "text":

Code:
my mathematica code

Mathematics news on Phys.org
We have special code tags for PHP and HTML (including syntax highlighting), but I don't think we have something for mathematica.

PHP:
<?php echo 'Hello world!'; ?>

BB code help

No syntax highlighter for mathematica yet, you will get an "unknown language" message:

Code:
your mathematica code

(in general use [code=mathematica] for a syntax highlighting).

@Greg Bernhardt - is it something easy to add?

1. What is the syntax for using the "+" option in Mathematica code?

The syntax for using the "+" option in Mathematica code is: a + b, where a and b are variables or values that you want to add together.

2. Can I use the "+" option to add more than two values in Mathematica code?

Yes, you can use the "+" option to add more than two values in Mathematica code. For example, a + b + c will add the values of a, b, and c together.

3. Is there a limit to the size of the values that can be added using the "+" option in Mathematica code?

No, there is no limit to the size of the values that can be added using the "+" option in Mathematica code. It can add both small and large values without any limitations.

4. Can I use the "+" option to add strings in Mathematica code?

Yes, you can use the "+" option to concatenate strings in Mathematica code. For example, "Hello" + "World" will give the output "HelloWorld".

5. What happens if I use the "+" option with non-numeric values in Mathematica code?

If you use the "+" option with non-numeric values in Mathematica code, it will perform concatenation. This means that it will combine the values together to form a single string. For example, 2 + "apples" will give the output "2apples".