Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mathematica for Physics - problems

1. Jan 23, 2009 #1
    Mathematica for Physics -- problems

I'm trying to work out the solved examples in the book "Mathematica for Physics" [The code is available at http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/Books/4539/]. But I am unable to plot anything despite using the plot commands given in the book.

Specifically, looking at ch9.nb (available from this link) -- problem 4 (particle propagating toward a rectangular potential), the commands given produce blank plots. I am able to plot simple functions, so I think the problem is with these commands.

I've attached my code with this thread. I'd be really grateful if someone could help me out with this.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2009 #2
    Re: Mathematica for Physics -- problems

Hi Maverick,

there's only one slight mistake in your Mathematica syntax. In your definition of kRules (4th cell in the nb) there should be a , (comma) instead of a ; (semicolon) between kW and kLR. Change that and your plot will look awesome... :smile:
  4. Jan 23, 2009 #3
    Re: Mathematica for Physics -- problems

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?