1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mathematica for Physics - problems

1. Jan 23, 2009 #1
    Mathematica for Physics -- problems

Hi

I'm trying to work out the solved examples in the book "Mathematica for Physics" [The code is available at http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/Books/4539/]. But I am unable to plot anything despite using the plot commands given in the book.

Specifically, looking at ch9.nb (available from this link) -- problem 4 (particle propagating toward a rectangular potential), the commands given produce blank plots. I am able to plot simple functions, so I think the problem is with these commands.

I've attached my code with this thread. I'd be really grateful if someone could help me out with this.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2009 #2
    Re: Mathematica for Physics -- problems

Hi Maverick,

there's only one slight mistake in your Mathematica syntax. In your definition of kRules (4th cell in the nb) there should be a , (comma) instead of a ; (semicolon) between kW and kLR. Change that and your plot will look awesome... :smile:

4. Jan 23, 2009 #3
    Re: Mathematica for Physics -- problems

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?