Mathematica redundant transcandental equations

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter Nusc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematica
In summary, the conversation discusses how to make Mathematica output x instead of Conjugate[x] when working with complex numbers and how to solve simultaneous equations involving trigonometric functions in Mathematica.
Nusc

Homework Statement

If you define x to be real,

x Esc el Esc Reals

Then right
Conjugate[Exp[[- Esc ii Esc * x ]]]

Mathematica will output
[Exp[Esc ii Esc * Conjugate[x]]]

How do I make it so it doesn't write Conjugate[x] and just x?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Element[x,Reals] and Esc el Esc work but does anyone know the ordering?

Last edited:
So say if I had

4 * Sin[x*t]^2 * Sin[t*sqrt(4+x^2)]^2 == 0

Writing Solve[{4 * Sin[x*t]^2 * Sin[t*sqrt(4+x^2)]^2 == 0,another similar expression with negatives say,}{x,t}]

This command works with polynomials but not so subtle with trig functions, does anyone know what I can do to solve for x and t simultaneously?
Would give me an error, inconsistent or redundant transcandental equation.

What are redundant transcandental equations in Mathematica?

Redundant transcandental equations in Mathematica refer to equations that are mathematically equivalent to one another and therefore provide redundant information. They can arise when solving systems of equations or when using functions such as Solve or NSolve in Mathematica.

How can I identify and handle redundant transcandental equations in Mathematica?

To identify and handle redundant transcandental equations in Mathematica, you can use the Reduce function. This function simplifies a system of equations by eliminating any redundant equations. You can also use the Simplify function to simplify expressions and identify any redundancies.

Why is it important to eliminate redundant transcandental equations in Mathematica?

Eliminating redundant transcandental equations in Mathematica is important because it can greatly simplify a system of equations and improve the accuracy and efficiency of mathematical calculations. Redundant equations can also lead to errors in calculations if not properly handled.

Can Mathematica automatically eliminate redundant transcandental equations?

Yes, Mathematica has built-in functions such as Reduce and Simplify that can automatically eliminate redundant transcandental equations. However, it is important to carefully review the simplified equations to ensure they accurately represent the problem at hand.

Are there any other tools or methods for handling redundant transcandental equations in Mathematica?

Yes, there are other methods for handling redundant transcandental equations in Mathematica, such as using the Eliminate function or manually simplifying equations using algebraic manipulation. It is important to choose the method that best suits your specific problem and to check for accuracy and consistency in your results.