1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mathematical treatment of signals and systems

1. Nov 13, 2012 #1
    Hi there,

I am looking for books that treat signals and systems from a mathematical perspective. When I say "signals and systems", I am referring to the typical second/third year material taught in EE programs: system characteristics (causality, memory, stability), LTI systems, linearization, feedback, state-space models, continuous- and discrete-time signals, Laplace and Fourier transforms, Z- and discrete-time Fourier transforms, spectral densities, sampling and so on. The books I am in search of should ideally treat the aforementioned subjects from a linear algebra/functional analysis point-of-view.

Browsing through Amazon, book reviews and countless course webpages has turned up the following:

• Signal Analysis (Allen and Mills) - looks at signals in vector spaces and even discusses some wavelets, but doesn't cover systems/basic controls
    • Modern Signals and Systems (Kwakernaak and Sivan) - reviews tell me that this is what I need, but I haven't been able to get hold of a preview or a library copy
    • Signal Theory (Franks) - once again, only looks at signals, and I can't come across a preview/copy

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Any comments on the books I listed above are also appreciated.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2012 #2
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook