1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mathematics/Physics v Math v Physics

1. Aug 2, 2013 #1
    So i have applied for and been accepted on an MPhys Mathematics and Physics degree. I'm really happy but am also a little unsure as to whether i have made the right choice.

My goal is to go straight from my MPhys to a PhD in Theoretical Physics.

I have looked on the internet and advice seems to differ as to what is the best combination

I have the option to change my choice early on in my first semester so i ask you this. What is my best option for a PhD in Theoretical Physics? A joint Mathematics and Physics degree? Or single Mathematics or Physics?

Cheers.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 3, 2013 #2

verty

Homework Helper

Why not tell us more about the subjects in this joint course.

4. Aug 3, 2013 #3
    I think A mathematical physics program could definitely be advantageous over just a physics degree but I am basing that on the name of the degree alone: we Know nothing about your program! what school is it? or how is it structured? give us some more information and maybe we can give you some real advice :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook