Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MathJax, already in use here, now in AIP journals

Tags:
  1. Nov 29, 2011 #1
    We are happy to announce a new partnership between MathJax and AIP Publishing. MathJax is an open-source JavaScript display engine that produces high-quality math in all modern browsers, without plug-ins or other special set-up requirements, which is why it works so great on Physics Forums.

MathJax lets users copy equations from AIP’s online journal articles and paste them directly into Physics Forums, as well as Word and LaTeX documents, science blogs, MathType, and research wikis. Equations can also be copied and pasted into calculation software like Maple, Mathematica, and others. MathJax supports the use of STIX fonts, which will improve MathJax’s speed when rendering mathematics.

The press release has been published on the MathJax website.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 29, 2011 #2
    Bob, are you a developer?

4. Nov 29, 2011 #3
    Greg, I'm not a developer, but I'm in contact with them throughout the week. Anything I can pass along?

5. Nov 29, 2011 #4
    Just curious of your relationship, thanks :)

6. Nov 29, 2011 #5
    I'm the Director of Training at Design Science. I've updated my profile to reflect that. Not required, I know, but in the interest of full disclosure...

7. Nov 29, 2011 #6
    Very good, welcome! I sent you a PM FYI.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook