Matlab/C++ assignment help much needed

• Thread starter Neillson01
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Assignment
In summary: If you can't answer any of these questions, then it would be difficult to write a program to parse the file. However, if you can at least say what kind of information is in the file, then a program to parse it may be possible.In summary, the file METSAT.HDR contains a header subframe recorded by a METEOSAT satellite. The header contains information about the transmission, the date and time of the transmission, and the image number from the start of the spacecraft mission. The last 800 bytes of the file contain an administrative message.
Neillson01
Hi,
I'v got the following assignment through to complete my course. I'm a bit rusty so I am really having a hard time understanding what I'm supposed to be doing here. If someone can give me the brief, basic outline of how to complete this and if C++ or Matlab would be better/easier to do it in I would be very grateful. As I say my programming is rusty so would be the same as starting from scratch. I don't even know where to begin with this one!

Thanks

Neill

ASSIGNMENT:

The file METSAT.HDR provided contains a single header subframe recorded directly in the
department from a METEOSAT satellite. With reference to the supplied engineering manual: Meteosat High Resolution Image Dissemination, Technical Description, EUM TD 02 (Eumetsat, 2002), write a program, in C++ or Matlab, to check the synchronisation words and then determine:
1. Which particular METEOSAT satellite originated the transmission
2. The date and nominal image time of the transmission
3. The image number from the start of the spacecraft mission.

Finally, extract the administrative message contained within the last 800 bytes of the Interpretation Data Block. Present all results on the screen, and write the administrative message to a disk file in the current directory. This disk file should be named ADMIN.TXT.

Physics news on Phys.org
What? You think we are mind readers here? Here's a wild guess at what you should do:

1. Look at your supplied header data file.
2. Read your manual to learn the format the data file uses.
3. Using the information you learn about the data format, write a program to read the data and extract and display it in human readable form.

Neillson01 said:
Hi, If someone can give me the brief, basic outline of how to complete this and if C++ or Matlab would be better/easier to do it in I would be very grateful.

Hi Neil,

Unfortunately, designing an algorithm is a huge part of every programming assignment. If we straight out give you the algorithm, it will only hurt you in the future. It would probably be more beneficial for you if you talk to your instructor or talk to your fellow classmates(if allowed). However, there's nothing wrong with simply making sure you understand what the problem is.

Neillson01 said:
ASSIGNMENT:

The file METSAT.HDR provided contains a single header subframe recorded directly in the
department from a METEOSAT satellite. With reference to the supplied engineering manual: Meteosat High Resolution Image Dissemination, Technical Description, EUM TD 02 (Eumetsat, 2002), write a program, in C++ or Matlab, to check the synchronisation words and then determine:
1. Which particular METEOSAT satellite originated the transmission
2. The date and nominal image time of the transmission
3. The image number from the start of the spacecraft mission.

Finally, extract the administrative message contained within the last 800 bytes of the Interpretation Data Block. Present all results on the screen, and write the administrative message to a disk file in the current directory. This disk file should be named ADMIN.TXT.

Without knowing what what the format is for METSAT.HDR, it's impossible to answer this question. In order to parse a file, you'll need to know what the "rules" are. In other words, are the fields delimited by a special character? Are some fields optional? Is each field on its own line? Do any fields have spaces in them? etc..

1. What is Matlab/C++ assignment help and why is it needed?

Matlab/C++ assignment help is a service that provides assistance to individuals who are working on assignments or projects involving the use of Matlab and C++ programming languages. These languages are commonly used in scientific and engineering fields, and the help is needed to ensure accurate and efficient completion of tasks.

2. How can I find reliable Matlab/C++ assignment help?

There are many online tutoring websites and forums that offer Matlab/C++ assignment help. It is important to do thorough research and read reviews to find a reputable and experienced service provider. You can also ask for recommendations from peers or professors.

3. Can I trust online Matlab/C++ assignment help services?

Yes, as long as you choose a reliable and reputable service provider. It is important to thoroughly research the website or service and read reviews before making any payments. You can also ask for samples of their previous work to ensure the quality of their services.

4. How much does Matlab/C++ assignment help cost?

The cost of Matlab/C++ assignment help varies depending on the complexity of the task, the deadline, and the service provider. Some websites offer fixed prices for certain types of assignments, while others may charge based on the hours or days required to complete the task. It is best to inquire about the cost before availing the service.

5. Can I get help with my assignment if it is due in a short time?

Yes, many Matlab/C++ assignment help services offer urgent assistance for a higher fee. However, it is recommended to plan ahead and seek help in advance to ensure timely and efficient completion of the task.