Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mechanical Engineering Tools help

1. Nov 19, 2011 #1
    (I apologize ahead of time If I posted this in the wrong section)

I'm in the process of starting an import business. I'm trying to do some market research and need some help, since I don't know too many mechanical engineers myself I want to know if any of you have any experience with these tools (I do understand the general concept of these tools and uses) and I want to know how the market for these tools are, if sold at a relatively low price? My competitors (most online wholesalers) sell these items at a high cost, I can cut these prices 40-60% since I will be buying from a manufactuer who produces these items. I will be importing "cutting" and other various tools such as:

• Sin Flute Countersinks
    • Dovetail Cutters
    • Woodruff Cutters
    • End Mill Cutters
    • Center Drill
    • Adjustable Hand Reamer
    • Morse Taper Finishing Reamer
    • Repairman's Taper Reamer
    • Taper Pin Reamers
    • Chucking Reamers
    • Flat / Rectangular Tool Bit
    • Square Tool Bit
    • High Speed Steel Tool Bits
    • Cut Off Blades
    • Counter Bores
    • 3 - Flute Center Reamer

Can you please help me with any knowledge you have concerning "cutting" tools in general and the market for them (north america)

thank you !

Manik Sharma.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 19, 2011 #2
    Did some research looks like lots of woodmen use these tools, and people in the oil industry?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook