Mechanism with up and down movement?

1. Hi ... I was trying to figure out a mechanism which allows for up and down movement. I figured a piston with crankshaft... anyone has any other possibilities?
  2. jcsd
  3. How about an elevator? How about a car jack, or a fork-lift? You need to be more specific in order to answer your question.

Mainly: size, force, speed.
  4. I have a simple mchanism that is composed by 2 pistons as the attached figures shows

Attached Files:

5. @firevia, how do you plan to move pistons??

@rvr, there are lot of ways to get linear motion, deciding factor remains the application. You ll have to come up with an application to decide which one to choose.
  6. well it is simple , we should install a rod with a cam for the horizental piston and install an electric motor to the (cam-cranck shaft) , velocity can be easily calculated depending on the rpm of the electrical motr , but to make a full design I need configurations.
  7. But why do you need the second piston?? You already have a linear reciprocating motion with cam!
    And by the way, the linkage you showed is a double slider 4 bar chain, its an elliptical trammel
  8. a bearing allows for vertical motion
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?