Up and down movement of a monitor

In summary, the up and down movement of a monitor is caused by the adjustable stand or arm attached to it, and can be adjusted by using controls on the stand or arm. It is important to have a monitor with adjustable movement for proper ergonomic positioning and to prevent strain and discomfort. The recommended height for a monitor is at or slightly below eye level, but this may vary for different individuals. Some monitors may have a locking mechanism, but it is still recommended to periodically adjust the height for optimal comfort.
Anil2207
I want to know the various mechanisms for up and down movement of a monitor inside the slot of a table. This is used in the training or conference rooms wherein when the monitor has to go down when not in use inside the slot to the bottom of the table and come up by pushing or actuating with any mechanism for the usage.

No powered mechanisms.

Attachments

• monitor 2.jpg
    monitor 2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 416
Engineering news on Phys.org
I think, it can be made easily by servomechanism.

but no powered movement. Has to be purely mechanical and simple

What causes a monitor to move up and down?

The up and down movement of a monitor is typically caused by the adjustable stand or arm attached to the monitor. This allows users to adjust the height of the monitor to their desired viewing level.

How do I adjust the up and down movement of my monitor?

To adjust the up and down movement of a monitor, locate the controls on the stand or arm of the monitor. These controls may include buttons, levers, or knobs that can be adjusted to move the monitor up or down.

Why is it important to have a monitor with adjustable up and down movement?

Having a monitor with adjustable up and down movement allows for proper ergonomic positioning. This can help prevent strain and discomfort in the neck and shoulders, as well as improve overall posture and reduce eye strain.

Is there a recommended height for a monitor?

Yes, there is a recommended height for a monitor. The top of the screen should be at or slightly below eye level to promote proper posture and reduce strain on the neck and shoulders. However, this may vary depending on the individual's height and preferences.

Can I permanently lock the up and down movement of my monitor?

Some monitors may have a locking mechanism that allows the user to permanently lock the up and down movement. This can be useful for ensuring the monitor stays at a desired height. However, it is important to periodically adjust the height to prevent strain and discomfort.