Mega Volcano 2012: Troubling Signs of a Possible Eruption

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Volcano
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 12K views
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
4,411
Reaction score
552
http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/17965.asp

A supervolcano hidden in a veritable mega-volcano nursery called the Eduardo Avaroa Caldera Complex, located in the inhospitable Puna-Altiplano region near the tri-section of Argentina, Bolivia, and Chile is a major focus of many volcano experts in recent days.

The harmonic tremor is appreciating in a cyclical way. There are signs of trouble ahead. An extrapolation in the time axis points to a possible mega eruption in 2012.
 
Last edited:
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
I can't remember why but I'm sure I remember India Daily being an unreliable and untrustworthy news source. A quick google search hasn't found any similar stories elsewhere so I'd take this with a pinch of salt.
 
Hmm, didn't the mayan calendar also end some kind of cycle in 2012 as well?
 
Did anyone ever see that movie called Supervolcano? I think it was possibly made by Discovery Channel or something like that. My geology prof showed it to scare us. It was actually a pretty decent show.

http://shopping.discovery.com/product-58069.html
 
Last edited by a moderator: