Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Methodology to done my project

1. Sep 17, 2010 #1
    ok, now i have just received a project regarding doing numerical simulation regarding heat flow in my CPU casing using fluent.
    my scope of the project is just based on forced convection only
    so now, i am doing my literature review part, any past study i can refer to?
    adding detail..
    i need to know what kind of thing i should included in literature review section here. theory? if theory what theory involved?
    turbulent flow? or laminar is it?
    is it an external or internal flow?
    cause i just write regarding heat transfer (conduction, convection and radiation in the beginning of the chapter) follow by derivation of energy, continuity and navier stoke..
    anything to add in?
    note: kindly give me some theory to know first, i guess i am poor in this.. i dont know what theory related to my study

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 19, 2010 #2
    If you don't understand the basic theory, you have basically no hope of doing a numerical simulation. If you can't write a complete sentence, you can't write a paper that will receive a passing grade. Do you understand what a boundary condition is?

4. Sep 19, 2010 #3
    the layer which seperate laminar and turbulent?
    should i write boundary layer inside my litreature review?if yes which i should write? there is alot of boundary layer type...
    and what equation related to my project?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook